Kings of Orient
We three kings of Orient are;Autor: John Henry Hopkins
Bearing gifts we traverse afar,
Field and fountain, moor and mountain,
Following yonder star.
O star of wonder, star of night,
Star with royal beauty bright,
Westward leading, still proceeding,
Guide us to thy perfect light.
Born a King on Bethlehem’s plain
Gold I bring to crown Him again,
King forever, ceasing never,
Over us all to reign.
Frankincense to offer have I;
Incense owns a Deity nigh;
Prayer and praising, voices raising,
Worshipping God on high.
Myrrh is mine, its bitter perfume
Breathes a life of gathering gloom;
Sorrowing, sighing, bleeding, dying,
Sealed in the stone cold tomb.
Glorious now behold Him arise;
King and God and sacrifice;
Sounds through the earth and skies.
Mehr Englische Weihnachtslieder
- Winter Wonderland - Richard B. Smith
- Away in a manger -
- Coventry Carol -
- Ding dong merrily on high - George Ratcliffe Woodward
- Deck the Halls -
- The First Nowell -
- God Rest You Merry, Gentlemen -
- Jingle Bells - James Lord Pierpont
- Joy to the World - Isaac Watts
- Jolly Old Saint Nicholas -
- It Came Upon the Midnight Clear - Edmund H. Sears
- I Saw Three Ships -
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day - Henry W. Longfellow
- The Holly and the Ivy -
- We wish you a merry Christmas -
- We wish you a merry Christmas - Volkslied aus England