The First Nowell
The first noel the Angel did say,Autor: unbekannt
was to certain poor shepherds in fields as they lay;
in fields where they lay keeping their sheep,
on a cold winter's night, that was so deep
Nowell, Nowell, Nowell, Nowell,
Born is the King of Israel.
They looked up and saw a star,
shining in the east, beyond them far.
And to the earth it gave great light,
and so it continued both day and night
And by the light of that same star,
three wise men came from country far;
to seek for a king was their intent,
and to follow the star wherever it went.
The star drew nigh to the north-west,
o'er Bethlehem it took its rest,
and there it did both stop and stay,
right over the place where jesus lay.
Then entered in those wise men three,
full reverently upon their knee,
and offered there, in His presence,
their gold, and myrrh, and frankincense.
Then let us all with one accord,
sing praises to our heavenly lord.
That hath made heaven and earth of nought,
and with his blood mankind hath bought.
Mehr Englische Weihnachtslieder
- Winter Wonderland - Richard B. Smith
- Away in a manger -
- Coventry Carol -
- Ding dong merrily on high - George Ratcliffe Woodward
- Deck the Halls -
- God Rest You Merry, Gentlemen -
- Jingle Bells - James Lord Pierpont
- Kings of Orient - John Henry Hopkins
- Joy to the World - Isaac Watts
- Jolly Old Saint Nicholas -
- It Came Upon the Midnight Clear - Edmund H. Sears
- I Saw Three Ships -
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day - Henry W. Longfellow
- The Holly and the Ivy -
- We wish you a merry Christmas -
- We wish you a merry Christmas - Volkslied aus England